The FBI says Family Dollar is offering a $10,000 reward for the public's help in identifying a man responsible for 11 armed robberies at dollar stores, including one in Powder Springs.
The suspect fired shots at an employee in a recent robbery at a Family Dollar in Lawrenceville, but did not hit anyone, according to a news release from the FBI's Atlanta field office. The company is offering the reward for information leading to the suspect's arrest and conviction.
The suspect is described as a black male, between 5-foot-8 and 5-foot-9-inches tall, about 150 lbs., typically wearing a dark-color hooded sweatshirt under a dark-color puffy jacket with dark pants and tan Timberland-style boots.
From Jan. 9 until Feb. 2, the FBI believes the suspect was responsible for at least seven armed robberies at the following Family Dollar stores:
- Jan. 9: Scottdale store at 3460 E. Ponce De Leon Avenue;
- Jan. 16: Tucker store at 3201 Tucker Norcross Road;
- Jan. 21: Decatur store at 5404 Covington Highway;
- Jan. 22: Brookhaven store at 3412 Clairmont Road;
- Jan. 23: Atlanta store at 1616 Virginia Avenue;
- Jan. 31: Lithonia store at 6871 Main St.;
- Feb. 2: Lithonia store at 1125 North Indian Creek Dr.
Nearly a month after the last robbery, the suspect is accused of robbing four more stores:
- March 1:Dollar General at 1291 Columbia Dr., Decatur;
- March 5: Family Dollar at 3824 Powder Springs Road, Powder Springs;
- March 10: Family Dollar at 249 Scenic Highway, Lawrenceville; and
- March 11:Family Dollar at 2335 Highway 138 East, Jonesboro.
Anyone with information about these robberies is asked to call Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404-577-TIPS (8477).