Republicans remain strong in Paulding County as tentative election results pour in.

After an election day where some polling locations across the state remained open past 10 p.m., Paulding County's election results are still unofficial. However, with all precincts are reporting, results show what appears to be a strong Republican hold on the county. 

Republican Angela Woodall 51.14% for county probate judge, leaving Glen Albright with 48.86% of votes. 

For Superior Court clerk, Republican Sheila Butler led with 64.87% of votes. Kenda Johnson ended with 29.74% and Agnes "Lu" Kimble with 5.39%.

Democrat Taurus Madric-Morris will face off against Republican Dave Carmichael for commissioner chair. 

Paulding's current sheriff, Gary Gulledge, will serve another term.

For the state Senate, Republican David Purdue and Democrat Jon Ossoff will face off in November. For House District 14, a total of nine Republicans ran for the seat. Marjorie Taylor Greene (35.10%) and Bill Hembree (14.54%) were the top vote-getters and will battle in a runoff Aug. 11. The winner will run against Democrat Kevin Van Ausdal in November. 

Results will be updated as official numbers are released. 

Support Local Journalism

Now, more than ever, residents need trustworthy reporting—but good journalism isn’t free. Please support us by purchasing a digital subscription. Your subscription will allow you unlimited access to important local news stories. Our mission is to keep our community informed and we appreciate your support.

0
0
0
0
0

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.