Traveling abroad soon?
Some area U.S. Post Offices are accepting walk-ins for passport applications on Saturday, June 8, a postal service news release stated.
Applicants will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis, the release stated.
Some area post offices and hours include:
• Acworth Post Office, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., located at 4915 North Main St., Acworth.
• Adairsville Post Office, 11:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., located at 10 Finley St., Adairsville.
• Buchanan Post Office, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., located at 368 Carrollton St., Buchanan.
• Canton Post Office, 9 a.m. to noon, located at 2400 Riverstone Blvd., Canton.
• Cartersville Post Office, 8:30 a.m. to noon, located at 25 Liberty Drive, Cartersville.
• Kennesaw Post Office, noon to 3 p.m., located at 2001 Duncan Drive, Kennesaw.
• Lithia Springs Post Office, 10 a.m. to noon, located at 2727 Skyview Drive, Lithia Springs.
• Mableton Post Office, 9 a.m. to noon, located at 5284 Floyd Road SW, Mableton.
• Powder Springs Post Office, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., located at 4644 Powder Springs-Dallas Road, Powder Springs.
• Rome Post Office, noon to 4 p.m., located at 1420 Martha Berry Blvd. NE, Rome.
• Winston Post Office, noon to 3 p.m., located at 2929 Post Road, Winston.
Passport fees are as follows:
• Adults: Books - $110, Cards, $30;
• Children (under 16): Books - $80, Cards - $15.
• USPS fees: $35 execution fee; photos (if needed) - $15.
To expedite processing, the Postal Service recommends the following:
• Download a passport application from www.travel.state.gov and complete it before arrival. Do not sign the application until you are in the presence of the passport agent. Applications will also be available on the site.
• Bring one of the following forms of photo ID: A previously-issued, undamaged U.S. passport; certificate of naturalization or citizenship; valid driver’s license; current government employee ID (city, state or federal) or a current military ID (military and dependents).
• Bring a photocopy of your proof of identity. Each applicant must bring a front and back photocopy of the ID that will be presented at the time of passport acceptance.
• Passport applicants are required to provide two recent identical photographs, measuring 2-by-2 inches, on a white background. Passport photo service will be provided on the site.
• All applicants must appear in person (including minors). Minors under the age of 16 must appear with both parents. If one parent is not available, a notarized authorization from the absent parent is required along with a photo copy (front & back) of the absent parent’s ID.
Customers can go to https://www.usps.com/international/passports.htm for more information about passport application forms, fees and passport acceptance facility locations across the nation.