Some Independence Day celebrations in counties adjacent to Bartow and Paulding counties July 3 through 6 are set to include:
• Canton 4th Of July Celebration will include a parade, entertainment and fireworks display at RiverStone Shopping Plaza Thursday, July 4.
Starting at 5 p.m., the Thomas M. Brady Post of the American Legion will host its annual 4th of July Community Parade with the route surrounding the Riverstone Shopping Center at 1451 Riverstone Parkway.
The Rupert's Orchestra is set to perform a free concert from 6 to 9 p.m. on the City of Canton Stage in the main parking lot. The grand finale will be the annual Fourth of July fireworks at dusk.
For more information, visit https://www.cantonga.gov/visit/4th_of_july_in_canton.htm.
• Woodstock July 4th Spectacular is set to feature a 5K race, parade, live music, games and fireworks Thursday, July 4.
The 23rd Annual Woodstock Freedom Run 5K Race will begin the day at 7:15 a.m. Visit WoodstockFreedomRun.com for more information.
The July 4th Parade kicks off the daylong celebration at 10 a.m. It will start at Woodstock Elementary School on Rope Mill Road and travels down Main Street to Sam’s Club at Hwy. 92.
After the parade, The Park at City Center beginning at 11 a.m. will live music by the band A Theory of Now, children’s games, inflatables, arts and crafts, Adam the Juggler, and vendors of all types until 3 p.m.
The day concludes with fireworks at dusk behind the Target shopping center at Hwy. 92 and I-575.
For more information, traffic directions, and parade and vendor applications visit www.woodstockparksandrec.com.
• Kennesaw's 2019 “Salute to America” pre-Independence Day event is set for Wednesday, July 3, from 5:30 to 10 p.m. in downtown Kennesaw.
The event features two stages of live music, festive entertainment, food vendors, children’s activities and Star-Spangled Fireworks Spectacular at 9:30 p.m.
Performers are set to include Daniel Lieving, The Paul Hand Band, Band X and The Weekend Getaway Band.
For more information, visit http://www.kennesawjuly3.com/.
• Marietta’s “Fourth in The Park Celebration” is set for Thursday, July 4, on the Marietta Square.
The event includes a parade, free live concerts, museum tours, arts and crafts show, food, carnival games, and a fireworks finale.
The Marietta “Let Freedom Ring Parade” begins at 10 a.m. and includes 110 entries, 2,000 participants and an estimated 30,000 spectators.
Live music will feature Scott Thompson at noon, Atlanta Concert Band at 2:30 p.m., Chris Stalcup at 7 p.m.; and A1A - The Official and Original Jimmy Buffett Tribute Show at 8 p.m. A fireworks show is set for 9:30 p.m.
For more information, visit https://www.mariettaga.gov/194/Fourth-of-July-Celebration.
• Powder Springs’ “SpringsFest on the 4th” is set for Thursday, July 4, from 4 to 10 p.m. in Powder Springs Park.
The event will include a food court, local vendors, artisans and handmade goods, entertainment, a DJ, live performances, and a Kids Zone with attractions such as bouncy houses, a game truck, face painters, games and fireworks at the end.
For more information, visit https://www.springsfest4th.com/.
• Acworth 4th of July Concert and Fireworks is set for Thursday, July 4, at 4 p.m., with fireworks at about 9:30 p.m. at Cauble Park at 2293 Beach St. in Acworth.
Live music at Cauble Park begins at 4 p.m. Fireworks over Lake Acworth will begin at approximately 9:30 p.m., which is subject to change depending on weather.
For more information,call 770-917–1234 or visit https://www.facebook.com/acworthparksandrec.
• “Patriotic Party in the Park” is set for Wednesday, July 3, from noon to 11 p.m. at Ridge Ferry Park in Rome.
The event, presented by Rome-Floyd Parks and Recreation and Coca-Cola, will feature free family games and fireworks at dark.
The Armuchee Ruritan Car Show, a hula hoop / corn hole contest; music by Dalton Dover and T.J. Cochran; and a fireworks show at the end are among the events.
The park is at 363 Riverside Parkway NE. For more information, visit rfpra.com.
• The Cave Spring July 4 Parade is set for Thursday, July 4, from 9 to 11 a.m. at 24 Broad St. in Cave Spring.
For more information, visit https://www.cavespringga.com/cave-spring-fireworks.html.
• The 2019 Douglasville Fourth of July Parade will feature award-winning a cappella group InToneNation as grand marshal.
The student vocal group from New Manchester High School recently took first place at the 2019 International Championship of High School A Cappella (ICHSA).
Floats and parade participants for the 2019 parade will begin lining up on Fairburn Road at 9 a.m. with the parade beginning promptly at 10 a.m. The parade will run west on Church Street and continue to Selman Drive, marking the end of the route.
Following the parade, the celebration will continue from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Hunter Park. Families will be able to enjoy face painting, bounce houses, arts and crafts, and live music.
The celebration will end with the annual fireworks display at dusk sponsored by Greystone Power Corp. Arbor Place Mall is scheduled to host a large viewing event, including a musical tribute to Motown on the MVP/Coca-Cola stage in front of the mall entrance.
The Arbor Place Mall code of conduct will be strictly enforced. For more information on the code of conduct, visit www.arborplace.com/code-of-conduct.