A garage fire off Ranchette Road in Milton resulted one victim being airlifted to Grady Memorial Hospital Thursday evening.

According to Milton Fire Marshal Alex Fortner, the fire was accidental. The fire appeared to begin with the accidental ignition of fumes from chemicals used for car maintenance that was being conducted in the garage.

Milton fire fighters received help from Roswell and Alpharetta's fire department, and the city reported that no fire fighters were injured during the incident. 

"The swift, effective actions of these firefighters proved instrumental in preventing further loss or damage," Milton deputy fire chief Matt Marietta said.

Ranchette Road was closed for a few hours and did not reopen until 8:15, according Milton's Facebook page. According to Marietta, no further investigation is planned. Milton Fire has no update Friday on the victim’s condition.

1
0
1
0
1

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.