Leadership Cobb, the Cobb Chamber’s premier leadership development program, has selected the participants for its 2015 class. More than 330 people were nominated for the program that starts this fall and runs through spring 2015.
The following individuals were chosen:
- Lance Askildson of Kennesaw State University
- Stefanie Box of Holland & Knight LLP
- Wendy Brantley of JE Dunn Construction
- Amber Burckhalter of K-9 Coach
- Kelly Bush of Manhattan Associates
- Jennifer Cain of The Center for Family Resources
- Meral Clarke of EngAGE Senior Advocacy Inc.
- Amanda Cook of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
- Heather Corbin of Unified AV Systems
- Meredith Davis Zonsius of the Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Mike DeWitt of Smith & Howard Wealth Management
- Jude Dooley of the YMCA of Metro Atlanta
- Cheryl Draa of Cheryl Draa Interior Designs
- Jeff Drobney of the City of Kennesaw
- Steven Ellis of the Cobb County Solicitor General’s Office
- Smyrna City Councilman Ron Fennel of Georgia Capitol Associates LLC
- Allison Giddens of Win-Tech Inc.
- Kari Hackett of the Metro Atlanta Chamber
- Mike Hebdon of Edward Jones
- Marty Heller of Freeman Mathis & Gary LLP
- Jennifer Hernandez of Marietta City Schools
- Laura Higginbotham of The Bottoms Group LLC
- Kevin Hyland of Sweetwater Financial LLC
- Ann Keller of East-West Psychotherapy Associates
- Kristen Lord of Mauldin & Jenkins LLC
- Betsy Madrerohon of Georgia Commerce Bank
- Stephen Matthews of The Home Depot
- Wayne McGary of Croy Engineering LLC
- Beth McMillan of Cobb EMC
- Jackie McMorris of the Cobb County Government
- Lisa Olens of Georgia Power Company
- David Persson of The School Box Inc.
- Michael Peterson of Brookmeade Healthcare
- Sandi Peterson-Cooper of Comprehensive Health Concepts Inc.
- Kevin Rogers of Wells Fargo
- Patti Schoettler of AFLAC
- Amy Selby of the Cobb Chamber
- Greg Shenton of Shenton Law
- Gwen Skinner of the Devereux Georgia Treatment Network
- Ellen Smith of Holt Ney Zatcoff & Wasserman LLP
- Robert Stephens of CFO Navigator
- Matthew Teague of Walton Communities LLC
- James Touchton of the Council for Quality Growth
- Lauren Tuten of Gas South
- Seth Tuttle of MUST Ministries
- Gus Villanueva of Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
- Derrick Vincent of Jacobs Engineering Group
- Andrew Walker of Colliers International
- Monte Wilson of WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center, and
- Bill Yates of Velociteach.
Leading the Class of 2015 are co-chairs Bonnie Buckner Reavis with Zenith Design Group Inc. and Stewart Carlin with Accounting Consultants of Cobb, along with vice co-chairs Chris Rideout with Croy Engineering LLC and Dena Rodrigues with Excalibur Home Management. Michele Bickerstaff will facilitate the program, serving as vice president of Member Services for the Cobb Chamber.
Class members were selected from business, industry, education, government and other professions, as well as from volunteer, civic and religious organizations. The 2015 class was chosen by Leadership Cobb in order to exemplify the high ideals of self-discovery through stretching the minds, talents, and leadership potential of members to exude a positive impact on the community. This focus on strong leadership and teamwork supports the program theme, “Leadership for a Lifetime.”
Beginning in 1983, Leadership Cobb is a leadership development program in the state of Georgia. Leadership Cobb focuses on developing and honing leadership skills in addition to promoting professional and personal growth via experiential learning sessions.
The yearlong presenting sponsor for the 2014-15 class year is WellStar.