Cobb firefighters responded to 100 North Roberts Road, Kennesaw, at about 10:40 a.m. after receiving a report of an explosion in a business.
“When we arrived, there wasn’t anything showing, but we did find a small fire in the warehouse portion of the business,” said Lt. Dan Dupree, spokesman for Cobb Fire Department.
The building was evacuated and received minor damage from the fire.
The business’ sprinkler activated and kept the fire controlled, Dupree said. The blaze was caused by a malfunctioning piece of equipment that used a mixture of chemicals, including solvent cleaners.
Three people received minor injuries. One had slight burns on arm while the other two had “very slight” difficulty breathing, Dupree said. One person was sent to WellStar Kennestone Hospital.
Firefighters, a hazardous materials team, the Georgia Environmental Protection Division and a private cleaning company were still on the scene late Monday assessing environmental concerns, but Dupree said no danger was present.