The City of Kennesaw is offering workout demonstrations in support of its Fit City city-wide initiative aimed at promoting healthy lifestyles. A series of free outdoor workouts will be showcased in Swift-Cantrell Park, taught by professional instructors. Workout styles include Zumba, tai chi, yoga, and Power Box.
The schedule of upcoming workouts is as follows. Cancellations may occur due to weather conditions.
- April 26: Tai chi with Sachi Hirata
- May 3: Yoga with Helen Brady
- May 17: Club Jam with Maureen Krivo
- May 31: Zumba with Anne-Marie Tremblay
- June 7: Circuit Fit with Cece Evans
- June 21: Body Sculpt with Victoria Legere
- June 28: Karate with Phil Robinson
- July 19: Power Box with Cece Evans
- July 26: Family Recess with Victoria Legere Workouts will begin at 9 a.m. near the main plaza, and last about one hour. All ages are welcomed; however, children must be accompanied by an adult. Registration is not required.
Participants should wear comfortable clothing, athletic shoes and sunscreen and bring an exercise mat, towel, water bottle or sports drink to keep hydrated.
This is the second consecutive year the “fresh air” series of workouts has been offered.
“People are always looking for fun, interactive, and economical ways to stay healthy, feel better and reduce stress,” said Recreation Programs Coordinator Lindsey Pritchard. “This series is designed to do just that.”
Swift-Cantrell Park is located at 3140 Old 41 Highway in Kennesaw. For more information, call the Kennesaw Parks & Recreation Department at (770) 422-9714.