Since the inception of the awards program, Georgia Trend magazine has served as its sponsor. Publisher and Editor-in-Chief Neely Young presented each honoree with an award designed by Marietta Trophy. Home Depot also donated $500 gift cards to each nonprofit that nominated an award-winning business.
The Sam Olens Business Community Service Awards recognize Cobb businesses for their commitment to the community and their support of Cobb’s nonprofit agencies. Earlier this year, Cobb’s nonprofit community was asked to nominate businesses that have enhanced the lives of all Cobb County residents through gifts of time, money and charitable donations.
The 2013 honorees were:
● 524 Creative, nominated by Cobb Community Foundation and Cobb & Douglas Public Health;
● Assurant, nominated by the American Cancer Society;
● B — C Studio, Inc., nominated by Fountain Gate Life and Wellness;
● Chattahoochee Technical College, nominated by Cobb Library Foundation and Cobb County Community Services Board;
● Ed Voyles Automotive Group, nominated by Marietta City Schools;
● Elite Telecom Services, nominated by Bill Thrash Kennesaw Teen Center;
● First Landmark Bank, nominated by YWCA of Northwest Georgia;
● Genuine Parts Company, nominated by The Center for Children and Young Adults;
● Georgia Power Company, nominated by The Center for Family Resources;
● Henssler Financial, nominated by Kennesaw State University Coles College of Business;
● Holt Ney Zatcoff & Wasserman LLP, nominated by Cobb Library Foundation;
● The Home Depot Foundation, nominated by Nobis Works;
● Kenny’s Great Pies, Inc., nominated by Cobb County 4-H Club;
● LOUD Security Systems, Inc., nominated by YWCA of Northwest Georgia;
● MetroAtlanta Ambulance Service, nominated by Cobb Safety Village Foundation;
● Prestigious Cleaning Team, nominated by Bullock Hope House;
● Resurgens Charitable Foundation, nominated by The Georgia Ballet;
● State Farm Insurance — Floria Izadi Agency, nominated by Reconnecting Families, Inc.;
● United Distributors, Inc., nominated by NW Metro Atlanta Habitat for Humanity; and
● WellStar Health System, nominated by American Heart Association.
During the program, the Cobb Community Foundation named Doug Hertz, CEO of United Distributors, Inc., as the 2013 James L. Rhoden, Jr. Visionary Philanthropist. The award recognizes an individual for their outstanding commitment to service.
For more information, contact Sue Leithead at (770) 859-2326, email@example.com or visit cobbchamber.org/bcsa or cobbfoundation.org.