● Marietta-based WellStar Health System received a “3 Star” rating from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
Approximately 13.4 percent of hospitals across the country received the Coronary Artery Bypass “3 Star” rating, which denotes the highest category of quality for clinical excellence based on National Quality Forum standards.
● Kennesaw State University’s part-time MBA program at the Michael J. Coles College of Business was ranked 22nd nationwide and second in Georgia by Bloomberg Businessweek in its 2013 business school rankings. KSU’s ranking moved up seven spots from the 2011 survey, becoming the top rated part-time MBA program at a Georgia public university.
● Cbeyond Inc., 320 Interstate North Parkway in the Cumberland area, named its TotalCloud Data Center as a 2013 Cloud Computing Excellence Award winner presented by Cloud Computing Magazine.
● J. Christopher’s, which has four restaurants in Cobb County, received the Power of a Wish award from Make-A-Wish Georgia for granting 12 terminally-ill children’s wishes. For the past four years, J. Christopher’s has been the host of Make-A-Wish fundraisers at 19 of its 22 restaurant locations, including Reveille Café, which has two locations in Cobb, and Public House, throughout the state.
● National homebuilder Lennar, which has five communities in Cobb County, announced Nov. 20 it recently won gold and silver awards at the 33rd Annual OBIE Awards organized by the Sales & Marketing Council of the Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association. Lennar currently builds in 13 communities across metro Atlanta including Westpark in Kennesaw; Vintage Square in Smyrna; and Mountain Creek Estates, Wexford and Wigley Preserve, all in Marietta.
● Medtech College, 4501 Circle 75 Parkway in the Cumberland area, was named a winner in the Executive Team of the Year category and for Best Place to Work in the 2013 Best in Biz Awards, an independent business awards program judged by members of the press and industry analysts.
● 524 Creative, 127 Church St. in Marietta, received three Silver Davey Awards for its marketing and branding work for Cobb & Douglas Public Health and Millenia 3 in a competition against nearly 4,000 entries from across the U.S. and the world. 524 Creative received a Silver Davey Award honoring their complete rebranding initiative with Cobb & Douglas Public Health, 1650 County Services Parkway in Marietta, which included a new logo, brand standards guide, corporate identity pieces, website, brochures and billboards.
The company was also honored with two Silver Davey Awards for its work with Millenia 3, 2121 Barrett Park Drive in Kennesaw.