Benjamin Franklin was not an official delegate to the Constitutional Convention, but he was a mover and shaker in bringing the document to fruition. Therefore he was invited to address the representatives at the close of this incredible work.
I’m telling this WHY? Because a very salient part of his speech goes something like “This is not a perfect document, but it will serve our country well until the people shall become so corrupt as to need a corrupt government.”
Well, well, it looks like his prediction was “right on.” Once again we have as a president who is a non-leader, a liar, a trampler of the Constitution, a C-in-C who regards the slaughter of four loyal Americans in Benghazi as a “bump in the road” and then goes off to Las Vegas to party.
This is the same man who goes on expensive vacations, as do his wife and daughters while doing nothing for homeless people. This the same man who:
1. has left black people, especially males, worse off than ever.
2. used potty language for a national publication interview (how cool is that?).
3. was totally and unpresidentially snotty regarding the Navy and its resources in a debate with Mitt Romney.
4. took three years to finally produce a birth certificate.
5. bows and scrapes and apologizes about America to our enemies.
My list could be longer. So why have I taken so long after the election to write this commentary? I first had to come to terms with the reality that’s what’s done is done. God help us all.
Melissa B. Anderson