* Cobb County District 2 residents are invited to a town hall meeting Tuesday, from 7 to 9 p.m. at Sterling Estates, 4220 Lower Roswell Road, Marietta. Commissioner Bob Ott will host the meeting. It is a chance for residents to hear directly from their elected official and communicate their thoughts and opinions. For more information, call (770) 528-3316 or visit cobbcounty.org/ott.
* Marietta City Schools Superintendent Emily Lembeck will conducta Community Connections meeeting on Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. The event at the Youth Empowerment through Learning, Leading and Serving at the After-school site, Building 2800 of Woodlands Park Apartments, located at 861 Franklin Road in Marietta. It is free and open to the public. Spanish interpreter services and child care will be available on-site. The meeting is an information session for Marietta parents and community members to assist them in accessing services and support resources district-wide. The program also helps newcomers to Marietta learn about the various programs, Choice Academies offerings, curriculum, achievements and accomplishments at Marietta City Schools.
For more information call (770) 422-3500, ext. 231.
* The Cobb County School District’s F&T Committee will conduct a meeting Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the boardroom at 514 Glover St. in Marietta. They are meeting to consider approval of the SPLOST IV notebook of projects and discuss other SPLOST-related projects.
* The Cobb County School Board will have their monthly work session Wednesday at 8:30 a.m. in the boardroom at 514 Glover St. in Marietta.
* The Marietta City Schools Board of Education will conduct a meeting Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the boardroom at 250 Howard St. in Marietta.