* Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Find your polling location online at the Georgia Secretary of State’s My Voter Page — www.sos.ga.gov/mvp
* If voters experience any issues, they should immediately contact the poll manager on site or the Secretary of State’s Office. Voters must also bring with them a valid state or federal government–issued photo ID.
* There are 415,314 registered voters in Cobb County.
Turnout in Cobb is already at 30 percent. Cobb Elections reports that 123,227 early and absentee ballots were cast through Friday.
* Results will be posted online tonight at the Georgia Secretary of State’s website, www.sos.ga.gov. Cobb TV23 will also try to post results with the Secretary of State’s new data format, but can’t test the formatting until actual results come in.
Cobb County Board of Elections and Registration Director Janine Eveler said she hopes her office will begin posting results before 9 p.m.
“This one will take a while because there are large numbers of voters and lots more equipment for the workers to close down,” she said. Tabulating time will also depend on whether there are lines at closing time, she said.
“We’ll be done very early Wednesday morning, I hope,” Eveler told the Journal. “If all goes as planned, we’ll have the poll results and the advance in-person results before midnight. Processing the mail is very labor-intensive and that will take the longest to finish up.
Elections workers will begin opening mail ballots at 1 p.m., but under Georgia law, those workers must then be sequestered and no results can be posted before 7 p.m.
* The Cobb chapters of the two largest political parties will be hosting parties tonight, as will some individual candidates.
Cobb Republicans will be at the Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, 2999 Windy Hill Road in Marietta.
Cobb Democrats will be at Doubletree Hotel, 2055 South Park Place in Vinings.