Dr. Soltan practices at the group’s Cobb office at1700 Hospital South Drive, Suite 102 in Austell, as well as the group’s Paulding office. Dr. Soltan previously served as secretary of GCS and serves on the GCS Board of Directors. He is board-certified in medical oncology and hematology and is also a member of the American Society of Hematology, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and the American College of Healthcare Executives. He completed his fellowship at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. He also has a Masters in Business Administration.
Gas South donates $60,000
ATLANTA — Cobb County-based Gas South, a sponsor of the Atlanta Braves, completed its fourth annual “Bring the Heat” campaign Sunday with a combined donation of $60,000 to the United Way and the Salvation Army’s Project SHARE.
Gas South pledged at the beginning of the season to donate $50 every time an Atlanta Braves pitcher strikes out an opponent. This season, the Atlanta Braves pitched 1,200 strikeouts, translating to a donation of $30,000 for each nonprofit.
Since 2010, Gas South has contributed $172,000 to the United Way and the Salvation Army’s Project SHARE through the “Bring the Heat” campaign.
* FlightWorks Inc. has donated bookshelves and books to HEALing Community Center, a free health clinic that provides services such as pediatrics, speech therapy and health education classes to underprivileged adults and children. FlightWorks also donated 150 backpacks with school supplies to students in need at Hayes Elementary School.
* The Association of Telecommunications Professionals will be holding their awards gala at the Cobb Galleria Centre on Nov. 13. The ATP Awards Gala recognizes and honors Georgia executives for their outstanding achievements in the development and deployment of communications technology and related solutions.
* Merchants Walk shopping center will host its monthly free event featuring live music by McNary, free hot dogs and cool refreshments, as well as children’s activities from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday. Gift bags full of retailer discounts and freebies will also be distributed to guests and retailers will offer special in-store savings and extend shopping hours until 9 p.m.
* “Paint The Mall Pink”, a community program embracing breast cancer and women’s health awareness, will include a WellStar Spirit Girl’s Night Out at 5:30 p.m. Thursday, followed by a weekend of activities including health screenings, fitness demonstrations, a 5K run/walk, entertainment, vendor booths and shopping at Town Center at Cobb in Kennesaw.
* From Oct. 2 through December, Walmart and Walmart.com will unveil new savings every Tuesday on holiday toys. All toys priced $15 or more are available through Walmart’s layaway program.