MARIETTA — With Labor Day being a national holiday, all of the city and county offices throughout Cobb will be closed and any trash or yard debris pick-up services have been either canceled or delayed a day.
Below is a list of what each city is doing to observe the holiday:
- Cobb County Government: offices closed, residents of unincorporated Cobb should check their private trash haulers
- City of Marietta: offices closed, Monday trash pick-up moved to Tuesday, Tuesday to Wednesday. There will be no yard waste pick-up
- City of Kennesaw: offices closed, trash pick-up remains the same, no Monday yard waste pick-up, recycling moved to Tuesday
- City of Smyrna: offices closed, Tolleson Pool open on Labor Day from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Wolfe Adult Recreation Center and Smyrna Community Center will be closed, Monday trash pick-up moved to Tuesday, Tuesday to Wednesday and Thursday and Friday routes will be unchanged, no yard waste collection
- City of Acworth: offices closed, track pick-up pushed back one day
- City of Powder Springs: offices closed, track pick-up schedule remains the same, no yard brush pick-up
- City of Austell: offices closed, trash pick-up will be Tuesday, recycling on Thursday.
For more information, please visit county and city websites.