Local restaurants will be donating a portion of their proceeds from breakfast, lunch and dinner to Communities in Schools. Funds will be used to help prepare students to succeed in school and plan for college and careers by providing after-school literacy and youth leadership programs.
Communities sponsoring CIS programs have seen an increase in school graduation rates, a decrease in violence and disruptions, and an increase in attendance and academic achievement.
The following restaurants will be participating:
* Chik-Fil-A, West Cobb, 2555 Dallas Highway, Marietta
* LaStrada, 2930 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta
* Ippolito’s, 425 Barrett Parkway, Kennesaw
* Williamson Bros Bar-B-Q, 1425 Roswell Road, Marietta
* McEntyre’s Bakery, 1184 Concord Road SE #1, Smyrna
* Big Shanty Smokehouse Barbecue, 3393 Cherokee St., Kennesaw
* Australian Bakery Cafe, 48 South Park Square, Marietta
Check the website, www.cismcc.org, before going out to eat to see if additional restaurants have been added and tell the server that you are dining out to support Communities in Schools of Marietta/Cobb.
Also, patrons can mail in their dining receipt from the event to the state office and be entered into a drawing for prizes.