The Georgia Department of Education has released the school-by-school EOCT Test scores Tuesday afternoon.
“I was real pleased that Pebblebrook, South Cobb and Osborne (high schools) all had double-digit growth in some of the areas that were of concern to them,” Cobb Superintendent Dr. Michael Hinojosa said.
Marietta superintendent Dr. Emily Lembeck echoed his sentiment.
“Our English and math scores are good, and I am pleased with those results, but clearly science achievement needs to improve, and social studies do as well,” she said
In 2000, the state mandated that students take End-of-Course Tests in ninth through 12th grades in 11 subject areas: Mathematics I, Mathematics II, Georgia Performing Standards Algebra, GPS Geometry, U.S. History, Economics/Business/Free Enterprise, Biology, Physical Science, Ninth Grade Literature and Composition, and American Literature and Composition.
GPS Algebra, GPS Geometry and Coordinate Algebra will not be added to the scores until next school year, but some students in Cobb Schools took the GPS Algebra and GPS Geometry tests this year.
Here are the highest and lowest performing schools:
* Mathematics I: 25 schools in Cobb had 100 percent of students pass, with Garrett Middle in Austell having the lowest percentage with 84. Marietta High’s had 77 percent;
* Mathematics II: Lassiter High in Cobb had 95 percent of students pass, while South Cobb and Pebblebrook high schools had 51 percent. Marietta High saw 78 percent pass
* GPS Algebra: Walton High in Cobb had the highest pass rate with 96 percent, compared to Pebblebrook High’s 34 percent. Marietta High did not record a score for this subject area
* GPS Geometry: Wheeler High in Cobb had 84 percent pass, compared to 3 percent at South Cobb High. Marietta High did not record scores in this subject area
* U.S. History: Lassiter High in Cobb recorded the highest rate with 96 percent passing, and Osborne High recorded the lowest with 54 percent. Marietta High’s was 69 percent
* Economics/Business/Free Enterprise: Pope High in Cobb recorded the highest percentage with 99, and Pebblebrook had the lowest with 68 percent. Marietta High saw 78 percent of students passing.
* Biology: Lassiter High in Cobb had the highest pass rate with 97 percent, and Campbell High had the lowest with 56 percent. Marietta High’s was 72 percent.
* Physical Science: Only Walton and Pope high schools recorded scores, with 97 percent for Walton and 56 percent for Pope. Marietta Middle’s had 100 percent, and Marietta High had 61 percent.
* Ninth Grade Literature and Composition: Pope, Walton and Lassiter high schools in Cobb had a 99 percent average, and the lowest rate was at Osborne High with 72 percent. Marietta Middle had 60 percent and Marietta High had 86 percent.
* American Literature and Composition: Lassiter, Pope and Harrison high schools in Cobb had a pass rate of 99 percent. The lowest rate was recorded at Osborne High with 79 percent. Marietta High’s rate was 95 percent.