Neon sign device blamed for BBQ restaurant fire
by Associated Press Wire
January 25, 2013 08:57 AM | 533 views | 0 0 comments | 5 5 recommendations | email to a friend | print

NORCROSS, Ga. (AP) — Fire officials in Atlanta's northeastern suburbs say a neon sign transformer in the attic caused a fire that tore through a barbeque restaurant and left the building on the verge of collapsing.

The fire was reported around 5:20 p.m. Jan. 16 at Dreamland Bar-B-Que on Peachtree Parkway in Norcross.

Gwinnett County fire Lt. Colin Rhoden tells the Gwinnett Daily Post the transformer was not in use at the time, but caused electrical arcing in the attic.

Fire officials said the actions of a manager at the restaurant in evacuating guests and employees averted what could have been a loss of life during the dinner rush at the restaurant. Everyone made it out, and no one was hurt.

___

Information from: Gwinnett Daily Post, http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com



Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.

Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet
*We welcome your comments on the stories and issues of the day and seek to provide a forum for the community to voice opinions. All comments are subject to moderator approval before being made visible on the website but are not edited. The use of profanity, obscene and vulgar language, hate speech, and racial slurs is strictly prohibited. Advertisements, promotions, and spam will also be rejected. Please read our terms of service for full guides