A supplement to my printed MDJ commentary on the Kennesaw State University “ 4th Conference on Immigration to the Southeast: Policy Analysis, Conflict Management” event
October 17, 2012 08:15 AM
| 3238 views | 22
A supplement to my printed MDJ commentary on the Kennesaw State University “ 4th Conference on Immigration to the Southeast: Policy Analysis, Conflict Management” event scheduled for October 18-20, 2012
You can see the conference web page and meeting agenda with the names of the speakers and panel discussion topics
. NOTE! I (finally) found an online dictionary with a definition
of the word “permissivist”: “reduction in the value of an estate caused by act or neglect”.
- You can see an MDJ news item about the similar event held in 2010 and my MDJ opinion page commentary on that conference.
- You can see KSU professor Alan LeBaron’s 2010 response letter to the MDJ editor.
- The anti-enforcement Georgia Detention Watch website
- Washington D.C.’s Center for Immigration Studies paper “Immigrants in the United States, 2010 A Profile of America's Foreign-Born Population”. CIS: “Using the latest Census Bureau data from 2010 and 2011, this paper provides a detailed picture of the more than 50 million immigrants (legal and illegal) and their U.S.-born children (under 18) in the United States by country of birth, state, and legal status. One of the most important findings is that immigration has dramatically increased the size of the nation’s low-income population; however, there is great variation among immigrants by sending country and region. Moreover, many immigrants make significant progress the longer they live in the country. But even with this progress, immigrants who have been in the United States for 20 years are much more likely to live in poverty, lack health insurance, and access the welfare system than are native-born Americans. The large share of immigrants arriving as adults with relatively little education partly explains this phenomenon.” Don’t miss the Executive Summary if you don’t have time for the entire study. Which has actual facts.
- Read this blog for information on the SPLC.
- The stated mission of the Dustin Inman Society.